In recent years the EPIEM network has brought together a group of Professors of Industrial Engineering and Management from across Europe, which have been promoting the sharing, building and debating about IEM education, the profession, research and projects.
- Sharing: Presenting and discussing details about the experience of IEM education at our universities, by means of short presentations and exchange of ideas.
- Building: Advancing in the development of joint tools, projects and knowledge about IEM education and profession (e.g. editorial projects such as the special issue in scientific journals, joint EU project applications)
- Debating: Identifying challenges and opportunities for the advancement of IEM education (e.g. addressing student mobility issues, analysing IEM curricula in order to identify a “common ground in Europe in IEM education”).
EPIEM Conferences & Meetings
Here you can find further information about previous and upcoming EPIEM Conferences, Meetings & Workshops.
EPIEM Research Design Seminars & Workshops
There is a wide range of topics of EPIEM Research Design Seminars – from philosophy of science to manufacturing technology.
- Idea & Topics: The idea to establish Research Design Seminars goes back to a collaborative idea of ESTIEM and EPIEM and aims at the students’ development of a research strategy and a research plan as well as the identification and application of an appropriate research methodology within the IEM field. This includes e.g. the development and improvement of relevant research questions, selecting a rigorous methodology and structuring research projects.
- Target Group: IEM students (on a master or a PhD Level) and academics from social sciences as well as IEM practitioners with a concrete plan to conduct publishable research are very welcome to participate at or to organize a future EPIEM Research Design Seminar.
Below you can find further information about upcoming and previous EPIEM Research Design Seminars and Workshops.
- Jan. 2024 – Conference Poster and Paper: Creating and Writing in Academic English
- Dec. 2023 – How to be Effective in Answering to Reviewers
- Nov. 2023 – Systematic Planning and Realization of Dissertation Projects
- Jan. 2023 – Contemporary Empirical Research Methods: An Overview
- Jan. 2023 – How to write a Conference Paper: A Basic Guide
- Dec. 2022 – Action Research: An Introduction
- Nov. 2022 – Advanced Statistical Modeling
- June 2022 – 3rd EurOMA CEE Research Network Workshop
- May 2022 – Doc School -Day: PhDs meet Professors
- Jan. 2022 – Workshop on Novel Research Methods
- Dec. 2021 – Applied Econometrics: Overview and Key Concepts
- Nov. 2021 – How to Prepare Posters and Conference Papers
- Jan. 2021 – Workshop on Research Methods with Focus on Sustainability
- Dec. 2020 – Risiko in Technik und technischem Handeln: Vulnerabilität und Resilienz (in German)
- Nov. 2020 – How to perform a Systematic Literature Review
- Dec. 2019 – Idee – Entwurf – Gestaltung Der (schwierige) Weg zum (technisch) Neuen (in German)
- Dec. 2018 – Method Workshop on Corporate Finance and Governance
- Oct. 2018 – Designing and Conceptualizing Experiments in Management Research
- May 2018 – Good Quality Research and the Task of Scientific Writing
- Dec. 2017 – Designing Empirical Research and Telling its Story
- July 2017 – A Seminar on Academic Research Skills for Postgraduates, Researchers and Professors
EPIEM Collaborations in EU Research Projects
EPIEM is strongly interested in taking part in research-driven initiatives. Thus, EPIEM is already involved the following EU research projects: