EPIEM Conferences, Meetings & Workshops
In recent years EPIEM conferences have brought together a group of Professors of Industrial Engineering and Management from across Europe, which have been promoting the sharing, building and debating about IEM education, the profession, research and projects.
- Sharing: Presenting and discussing details about the experience of IEM education at our universities, by means of short presentations and exchange of ideas.
- Building: Advancing in the development of joint tools, projects and knowledge about IEM education and profession (e.g. editorial projects such as the special issue in scientific journals, joint EU project applications)
- Debating: Identifying challenges and opportunities for the advancement of IEM education (e.g. addressing student mobility issues, analysing IEM curricula in order to identify a “common ground in Europe in IEM education”).
Here you can find further information about previous and upcoming EPIEM Conferences, Meetings & Workshops.
- 2020 Vienna incl. Pre-Conference Workshop (in German) [postponed for an indefinite period]
- 2019 Aveiro
- 2018 Bucharest
- 2018 Graz
- 2016 Vienna
- 2015 Novi Sad
- 2014 Graz
- 2013 Guimarães
- 2012 Cambridge
- 2011 Karlsruhe
- 2011 Groningen
- 2010 Cambridge
- 2010 Helsinki
EPIEM Research Design Seminars
There is a wide range of topics of EPIEM Research Design Seminars – from philosophy of science to manufacturing technology.
- Idea & Topics: The idea to establish Research Design Seminars goes back to a collaborative idea of ESTIEM and EPIEM and aims at the students’ development of a research strategy and a research plan as well as the identification and application of an appropriate research methodology within the IEM field. This includes e.g. the development and improvement of relevant research questions, selecting a rigorous methodology and structuring research projects.
- Target Group: IEM students (on a master or a PhD Level) and academics from social sciences as well as IEM practicioners with a concrete plan to conduct publishable research are very welcome to participate at or to organize a future EPIEM Research Design Seminar.
Below you can find further information about upcoming and previous EPIEM Research Design Seminars.
- 2021 Graz – Workshop on Research Methods with Focus on Sustainability
- 2020 Graz – Risiko in Technik und technischem Handeln: Vulnerabilität und Resilienz (in German)
- 2019 Graz – Idee – Entwurf – Gestaltung Der (schwierige) Weg zum (technisch) Neuen (in German)
- 2018 Graz – Method Workshop on Corporate Finance and Governance
- 2018 Graz – Designing and Conceptualizing Experiments in Management Research
- 2018 Graz – Good Quality Research and the Task of Scientific Writing
- 2017 Graz – Designing Empirical Research and Telling its Story
- 2017 Graz – A Seminar on Academic Research Skills for Postgraduates, Researchers and Professors